About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today is Tuesday, May 24th

I had a meltdown today.  Tom drove T to Dr. Wu's office for labs, PICC dressing change & Methotrexate (chemo) by mouth for the 36th day of this protocol.  It must be me... I sent an email to Stanford but apparently,  I screwed up.  I didn't give enough time maybe?  We've been trying to switch over to Santa Cruz for awhile but T kept being admitted.  I didn't think I needed to remind Stanford or give a lot of notice to Dr. Wu's office, since that's what an oncology office does... treat patients and what does that consist of?  chemo.... So, when T called me to let me know that they didn't have the chemo for him;  I was in Lorraine's car en route to see some new Bailey listings.  It was the first time I'd been to an office meeting in 3 weeks.  I knew it was too good to be true...  I'll be honest.  I was pissed.  I had thought twice about not going to the meeting and just staying in bed.  I pushed myself to go (kept hearing Mom encouraging me).  Poor T was lost.  So, I immediately called Janell at Stanford.  She wasn't due in yet so, they paged her sub. It took 2 calls but I spoke with Stacy.  She said she'd speak with Bruno and get the orders down to Dr. Wu's office.  I called Kelly next at Dr. Wu's and basically unloaded.  She didn't deserve it and I apologized for killing the messenger but I let go when I heard that this was the practice with Stanford.  I was on the verge of tears & losing it.  So, Kelly came to the rescue.  She called me back awhile later and said that the good news was that T didn't need blood or platelets!!!!  Yahoo!  Also, she had spoken with Janell and was working out getting the chemo.  I debated about what I was up for and headed home.  While I was catching up on the bills,  Janell emailed that the chemo- MTX - was called into CVS.  So, I watched Oprah's 2nd to last show and then, ran to CVS for the MTX.
Called and emailed Stanford because I didn't understand how to administer it, even though the label said take 16 tabs weekly.  Clarification:  16 tabs all at once weekly every Tues. for 5 weeks.  Looks like a squeaky wheel once again gets what T needs... I just hope it doesn't screw up our relationships....

No comments:

Post a Comment