About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Today is Saturday, May 7th

I left Stanford emergency at 10 PM.  They were trying to get T a room in the hospital.  I was spent and so was T.  He'd had a battery of tests including the first x-ray that had shown that one of his ribs hadn't healed as one piece.  Curious that after 3-4 years and many many x-rays... this should show up now.  The Dr. said it was probably never actually shot before because it's so low on his torso and T has a very long torso.  Anyway, T wondered if that's why he has had such a hard time getting comfortable?  Who knows?  so, T's platelets were so low they were going to set him up for another infusion.  No one liked the idea that his mouth was bloody and one more thing ... cause T loves the complicated...yesterday morning,  his shingles showed up as always, as an eruption above his left eyebrow,  not that he's stressed... I remember that T had a bruise ( we thought that's what it was) above his left eyebrow on our wedding day.  Toni put makeup on it.  At the time, no one had a clue it was shingles.... or that he might have been stressed?

Anyway, it wasn't hard to convince anyone that T needed to be admitted.  He was soo weak and altho' no longer running a temp;  his counts were negligible and there were white cells in his urine, indicating an infection.  I gave his history showed them his drug card (thanks to Toni)  and made them aware that he would be due for a Neupogen shot today.  Meanwhile a handyman put a sign on T's door that it was automatically slamming and to take care; as we flinched every time someone inadvertently let it slip...

So, I finally left T to their care after I bundled him up in his private room in emergency... the beds were all full including several beds in the aisle.   I had to avert my squeamish eyes from the injuries... I could not be a doctor...  my head was throbbing once again... would you believe I ended up calling Deanna to ask her to bring me a Tylenol?  I could NOT get relief in the hospital and Walgreen's & the gift shop were closed.  She & Gary also brought a turkey/ provolone sandwich & treats... welcome respite...

I returned home, stripped the bed and tried to quiet my soul.... send him love and support... he needs all of us right now for strength...

I tracked him down this morning... he's in the cardiac ward with a double door.  He's pretty whipped but his spirit is willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment