About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Today is Sunday, June 5th

Reuben and his son, Reuben Jr. stopped by Sunday.  Reuben helped to build the home we live in.  Tracy took him under his wing and taught him the trade as our home became reality.  Hard to believe that was 10 years ago.  Jr. was born while Reuben worked for us and is becoming a young man.  A life long bond of respect and friendship was formed between these men.  A smile broke on Tracy's face as he saw himself through their eyes.  We forget that we sometimes have a profound effect on the world as it unfolds... if we're lucky.  I'm glad to be a part of it.

French Open, barbecue cooking wars, "Harry Potter", "My Dog, An Unconditional Love Story", David Poyer's "Winter in the Heart"...TV, movies & books ... a walk... tinkering on the piano... distractions that take me away and give pleasure.   After watching all the cooking shows, I decided I'd try baking some chicken breasts and thighs coated in Panko for a protein rich light dinner for T... well, he ate half a breast but it wasn't my best.  Sounded good in my head... thighs were moist but the breast wasn't.  I'll have to play with that one.  Anyway, T is eating...just not a lot yet.  He'll get there or Riley & I'll get fat.  Next stop...regular exercise for me as T starts to walk a little.  Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment