About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today is Saturday, January 8th

OK So, I'm playing catch up as I watch the Saints battle the Seahawks.  We're rooting for the Saints in this wild card game and what a battle it is!  The awful news of the attack on Congresswoman Giffords made me ill.


Political rhetoric must change! We are politically opposed NOT at war. We have disagreements in philosophy but there is NO reason to wield a gun to win your point. Sanity should prevail!!! There should be consequences for the fact that Sarah Palin's website had a target list! Where is the America we all love?

Ok so, my heavily favored Saints just lost to the Seahawks... next stop Indiana.  It's the Payton/ Sanchez contest and oh, what a game it shall be!
Looking back at Thursday..it was a long day of work! Marilyn & I looked at a lot of homes throughout the county; this being our first brokers tour of the new year.  I enjoyed the time although what's plagued me for days is just how much time I should spend away from Tracy.  Knowing that he'll be starting his chemo soon makes me very conscious of my time and where I really need to be. 

Friday was a long day of hurry up and wait at Stanford.  It's interesting that what should only take a couple hours can take almost a whole day there.  I'm trying not to complain but I certainly hope that Tracy's treatment will enable us to scoot through starting next week with some priority.  Oh yeah, the news was great!  Tracy's numbers are good enough to start the next phase of his treatment next week.  Wednesday is the day and it will be a long one.  Bruno warned that the next phase is intense.  4 days on and 4 days off for 4-6 weeks and then... well, I sort of clicked off when I heard that it would last for about 2 years. Tracy keyed in on Bruno's comment about "a little spinal tap and radiation" amongst all the next variety of treatments.  It's amazing how much two intelligent people can miss or remember when you're talking about life and death....   I kept trying to determine how long each treatment would take so, I could figure out how to manage scheduling our lives.  It's going to be very interesting!  We're really going to need some help now with driving.  4 consecutive days will be tough when I need and want to continue working.  Bruno says that after the first day it should be a quick hour or so each day.  Only time will tell.  Lots of people have asked how they can help.  I think we're about to find out.  My honey is not crazy about what this entails but he's ready willing and able to bear it.  Bring it on!!!  The Stanford Express starts next week.


1 comment:

  1. Count Gary and I in on the Stanford Express Team - either of us will be ready and gassed up - just give us a day or so notice! Deb & Gary

    ReplyDelete