About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Today is Sunday, August 7th

This was a wonderful weekend! Tracy & I strolled around the neighborhood...I'm pleasantly surprised that T has increased the extent of his walking by several blocks! We enjoyed the sun, Riley's enthusiasm and greeted some neighbors. Saturday was a lazy day which culminated with a wonderful visit to Tuscany & dinner with Linda & Jim. I really don't know what we'd do without the love and support of our friends... It was their 19th anniversary and we were able to celebrate with them.

Today I finally figured my way through the mess I'd made of my Quicken records. Somehow, after I had upgraded the software from the 2003 version to Quicken Essentials 2010 back in March; I'd gone back to using the old version. Perhaps it was familiarity or just being preoccupied but the damage was done. I didn't realize my error until last week. That meant I'd been working in the old 2003 data file since March. The new version wouldn't allow me to export the 2003 data file again (you can only do it once & I'd already done it back in Mar.). I thought I'd either have to manually add about 15 pages of transactions or buy another copy. Ai yi yi!!! Before I made either nasty choice, I thought I'd try emailing the Quicken support team and lo and behold... they had an easy solution!!! It's done and I'm a happy girl. Next step: delete the old versions so it doesn't happen again!!!

Tracy annihilated me in tennis on the Wii today after I exercised and did the first 3 steps on my new Zumba Wii... Thank you Gary & Deanna!!! I've decided the only way to cope with the drama is to work, dance/ exercise, eat healthy foods and juice... with the love and support of our friends. Thank you for your patience. I find myself staring off into space and not wanting to talk... I'm the master of distraction yet again and it's working for me right now.

Looking forward but treasuring the present... that's all we ever really have....

No comments:

Post a Comment