About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Today is Friday, November 4th

Catching up... Thursday was jammed packed with Brokers Tour, then, dental cleaning and on to "A Taste of Santa Cruz" where I was a Silent Auction monitor and basically, had fun hawking the prizes until it was time to sample all the delightful munchies and sip some wine... A wonderful event that raised some much needed funds for the Santa Cruz County Housing Foundation. What a giving community we live in!!! We are blessed... this event was very successful and all the feedback I've heard was positive...

In between activities and meetings I've been assembling Short Sale paperwork on the one hand; hounding the listing agent et al for disclosures on Brian's deal; checking out possible 1031 prospects, arranging for carpet cleaning etc for Amos' home and spending time with my honey.... I'm a happy but stretched gal feeling her strengths....

Today started with an LGR meeting where we discussed the Vacation Rental policy and it's effects on our community and the water desal issue and various other interesting issues... a lively meeting... on to the office to finish the Short Sale package and submit it. Home for lunch with my T and Riley and on to Larry's Meadow Ranch beauty to do my visual inspection as T took all the photos and a video... We're ready to fly... also may have found a short term rental solution for my client.... solved lots of puzzles today...love to fit all the pieces together just right.

Winding down I decided it was time to watch the "goodbye to Steve" video...what a phenomenal tear jerking tribute to Steve which gave me pause, many smiles & yes, tears... even a little regret? that I didn't seize the opportunity to work directly for him when I may have had the chance... timing is everything, it was very early in the making of my life with
T and I chose a different path... who knows? I may have stretched my soul and learned to value my personal life more than a professional path for the first time in my life... T was definitely worth it. Before I met T, my business path had always been more important altho' I always tried to have fun... When I met T, I realized I yearned for balance...my regret was for the timing, missed opportunity to learn from the best... a little bit later in our relationship; I would have realized that T would have grounded me enough to attempt it all... but then again, who knows? It could have been a total bust! Everything happens for a reason and it's been a good run so far. Days like today, where T & I work together so fluidly, reinforces the reason I made my fateful decision not to go for it back then. T is my soul mate and I truly have come home... I can honestly say I wouldn't change anything if it meant I'd lose the love of my life so, regrets? nah not really...I relish the fact that I had the opportunity to work for Apple again and again and learned from every stint the value and power of being my best... We'll all miss his future vision and contributions but we've evolved because of our brush with the best....

T is feeling kind of punky tonite... the onset of his nadir so, we'll be taking it easy this weekend... my love deserves a rest... Sweet dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment