About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Today is Friday, November 18th

I awoke this morning, dreaming of my lion and hoping I'd put enough holes in his cheeks and jowls... wouldn't want him to blow up when he's fired!  I started thinking of a whole series... first a Virgo so, we'd have matching heads for our home... T, the Virgo (creative, loving, nurturing soul) and yah, me, the Lion (leading the way as I protect my Virgo).  I'd love to do all those astrology figures... mmm food for thought...  I kept laughing as I sculpted Leo and that's what life is all about.

We've come so far in the last year.  We've survived and we're thriving. It truly is amazing to me.. I finished Carla's gift of "Lost & Found" by Jacqueline Sheehan yesterday.  Tracy had urged me to read it and from the moment I started consuming it; I felt catharsis.  I sobbed and sobbed (all day I fought back tears)... grieving for Rocky's loss and identifying with that terrible feeling of ultimately, not being able to save her loved one.  I know I'll re-read it after I've passed it on to Marilyn & Jayne.  I couldn't get out of bed until I'd read it through yesterday & on top of my bad hair day, caused me to be late to meet Marilyn for our Board tour...ugh.  Somedays are just like that.  We viewed a lot of homes and were stunned by the beauty of Tony's new Laurent listing.  I pictured the UCSC Chancellor living there and entertaining hordes of intelligentsia.  What a majestic view of the coastline and our city!!!  Transfixed we walked through the home and dreamed of being invited there for an evening of fun...  Thursday is another favorite day as Marilyn and I get to kibitz as we work. Vicki was missing yesterday but she will rejoin us after the holiday.  We work & play well together and the conversations are pretty interesting...and not to be repeated.  What is said in the car, stays in the car.  Hee hee!

Our Tracy is doing better all the time altho' he's plagued by these stinging pains in his feet.  T just acknowledges them and moves on...never dwelling.  Today we'll take a walk around the neighborhood and then, maybe later if the weather holds we'll walk to our beloved Hidden Beach to let the hound out...

Have a peaceful and fruitful Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment