About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday, the 20th

I slept all of 1.5 hours until my brain finally gave it up at 5AM and slept 'til 10:30. I'd missed my office meeting but my body craved the sleep more.  I got on the road later than I wanted.  Mom's saying " Get up and get it done!" was in my head & I did.  I arrived by the 3rd inning and T & I cheered the Giants on to win!!!!     He had a day off from chemo and was given several blood transfusions and in the early morning unfettered by the feeding machines long enough to take a 45 min. walk including stairs( he won't be pushing the stairs again soon)! He loved the freedom and understandably, he's pretty wiped out.  His 45 min. walk, the excitement of the game and a couple of visits, Ann Bailey & Carla took their toll.  He enjoys the visits immensely but doesn't have a lot of energy to entertain, so thank you for short, sweet and fun visits.... Tim, Marit and Tammy he loved the fact that you laughed a lot and those cute pipe cleaner toys plus Sports Ill. bathing suit issue gave him some cheap thrills...
Courtney gave him Neupogen, a white cell booster and after reading the container we learned it was derived from E Coli!!!!  Unbelievable!!  They also gave him Allopurinol and God only knows what else.  The nurses on this unit work 3 -12 hour shifts.  They are the most caring I've ever seen.  We love Courtney!  She's single and she lives in SF.  OK so once a yenta, always a yenta....  now who do we know?


I had dinner in the cafeteria with Carla so T could nap for awhile.  Carla had accomplished the impossible... she found boats that actually fit my honey...  when the slippers we had found Sun. weren't wide enough, Carla traced his foot on a paper towel, even drawing in the toes and succeeded at the boat quest!  We are blessed.... After all the meds, T seemed to relax... his blood pressure was high and he'd had a headache and was a little crotchedy....so he showered, I washed his back and then, we settled in for the night.  Tues. evening always means Zeba watching and it was a really fun  Good Wife and finally the news.  No John Stewart or Stephan Colbert tonite.  They brought in a cot for me and a glorious night of sleep was had by all.  We are blessed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Annie & Tracy,
    I've been following your blog since I received the serious news from Toni on Sunday a.m. Lots of white light/healing thoughts coming your way, and my daughter Amie will request them from her church family, too. Tracy, MY Tues. eves are spent watching Gibbs and Tony. I saw the Giants win, too, AND the Yankees lose! Hang in there and take each day (even the nasty ones)as one step closer to getting better!
    Love,
    Betsy Ziegler Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, thank you so much for this blog! You are doing an excellent job of keeping us up to date. You know I want to be there, but since I'm not, give my Bro a big, big hug for me...and thank you and and all your friends for boosting his spirits and giving him so much support. You both are in my head and my heart everyday. Love xoxo Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that time of year when the pumpkins are being picked from the vines. I loved the blog of the Halloween night when you both met. So glad I was a part of that. Annie thanks for being such a wonderful advocate for Tracy. Our arms are embracing you every moment of the day. Hugs and kisses to you both.
    Love,
    Di H
    GO GIANTS
    Di H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy - it was so great to see you tonight and to share a Giants game to boot! Sucks that they lost but we still had a great time and they will come out on top! For me - seeing you was just like you are in your living room - making sure everyone has a chair and is comfortable - you blow me away - and apparently you do the same with the nurses.. from what I saw and heard tonight it sounds like they want you to be an advocate for the floor to other patients as you have such a GREAT attitude. You are such an inspiration! Rock on my friend - and stay your positive self!! PS A veggie now and then is not a bad thing! I love you .. Deb

    ReplyDelete