About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today is Saturday



Tracy will be here for a month give or take a few days.  The chemo will clean out his bone marrow so, he'll be given transfusions along with all kinds of meds to mediate the side effects of this virulent dose of hell.    Then 8 months of outpatient chemo and it's a 2 year process.  Tracy asked about the alternative: he would have a few months. I'm in shock; a deer in headlights.   My eyes are swollen shut & all I want to do is cry.   I went home after he was settled in to his room with a view about 2( they gave him his 5th bone marrow biopsy, put a PIC line in his arm, echo cardiogram, cat scans & so many blood draws I don't understand how he's still got any blood). I then packed a bag & decided to come back & spend the night with him.  He's in a private room and they brought in a sleeping chair for me.  i don't know how anyone sleeps in a hospital but they certainly try to tend to his every need.  Stanford is impressive!  We're blessed. They've answered every question even when we don't want to know the answer.  This morning the chemo starts. It's amazing how quickly they mobilized this effort.   He's surrounded by loving caring people who will help us thru this ordeal.  Tracy  wants to live and we're going to beat this damned disease. 

7 comments:

  1. Tracy, You look Marvelous Darling. Thanks for sharing the photos. Your in the best place you can be. The next weeks will be tough I'm sure - but for guy like you.. a piece of cake. Stay strong buddy - you have so many people cheering you on! Huggs... Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Bro, more than you know. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. If anyone can beat this, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - I'm rallying the white light/positive thoughts army here in Iowa/Illinois. Stand by for incoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, O.K........I get assigned to buy shoes to match Tracy's outfit and I've already been shopping for 11 hours. Apparently ...SOME ...stores believe that accessorizing a man in a mask should include matching gloves and proficiency with phrases like "reach for the sky" and " tell me where the power tools are hidden." They just don't get it.

    T.....Looking forward to good days and good news ahead.

    G..............

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang in there dear bro-in-law..you will beat this..I have mobilized a sm army of family,friends here back East to empower you with thoughts and prayers every day..love johnny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep those comments coming, please... Tracy loves them!!!

    ReplyDelete