About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Today is Thursday, September 18th

Jayne just brought to my attention that tomorrow would be a month since Tracy's passing... oops
it feels like a day and then it feels like forever...  for the last two days the dolphins have been amazing!!!  Yesterday was a very special trip to the beach... the dolphins were surfing straight at us... I've only seen that a couple times in the last 12 years that we've lived here.  Thank you my T.

Housekeeping...  Dinah turned me on to 2 phenomenal books:

"Tear Soup"  A Recipe for Healing.. Pat Schwiebert and Chuck DeKlyen

      "I've learned that there is something down deep within all of us ready to help us survive the things we think we can't survive."

"Honoring Grief" by Alexandra Kennedy

       "Grief brings us to our knees.  It is humbling to realize that grief is so much more powerful than we are.  We realize how fragile we are, how precious life is, how our lives can change in an instant.  We will never return to the life we knew before the loss of a loved one.  We will never be the same."

and here's an excerpt from "After Goodbye" by Ted Menten  (Jayne's book):

       "When someone we love has died, we often seek a rebirth of wonder."


So I'm taking a few steps every day to acknowledge my grief and take care of all the 'stuff' that needs attention...  the overwhelming kindnesses of our family are staggering.

We need a name for Tracy's Relay for Life Team... here's what we have so far:

Macavarians

Race For Trace

Tracers

Team T

Team McAvoy 

T time 

Team Popeye

Tracy's Troops

Tribute to a Gentle Giant

Racey Tracy

TeamTMc

The Mac Avoids


Whaddayathink?  Any more suggestions?


last thing... I believe T is protecting us... opened up the back door this evening to let Riley out before bed and I saw, I believe, a raccoon standing on hind legs claws up in the yard.  Riley stopped short on the threshold and I freaked out... hysterical as I slammed the door shut.  I then, took Ry out in the front, on the leash, armed with a flashlight... need to make sure the lamp post works in front tomorrow.... and call AAA to get T's blue bomber started....

No comments:

Post a Comment