About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Today is Thursday, January 26th

This has been a very stressful week so far BUT it's looking up now. The week started with the near collapse of one deal... negotiating around the clock with the sellers and the buyers threatening to walk over differences in opinion and viewpoint. A Realtor has to facilitate, negotiate and stay calm throughout the process... it's not always easy. The stress for the principals is consuming. After all, the most important facets of life: relationship, employment and home all come into play. We need to keep a level head in order to do the right thing for all concerned. Brian's home also came close to collapse due to timing issues... and then, we received a realistic offer on 104 Angora Lane... hours to put the package together and resubmit and now we're hoping Chase sees the offer as realistic too...

Monday evening, I entertained my book club - 10 avid readers gathered for Italian sausage & pasta soup, salad, mini cheesecakes & wine, deciding on the books we'll be reading and where we'll meet for 2012.

Tuesday, I went to the Sereno Los Gatos office to a Master Mind meeting where we proceeded to discuss "Let my People go Surfing" by Yvon Chouinard (the Patagonia story). When I interviewed with Chris Trapani, the founder of Sereno, we talked about management styles and the view for Sereno. Chris gave me the book at the close of our interview. The tale is an amazing story of the pursuit of one's goals which encompass living simply, loving what one does while sustaining the earth and making a living all while giving back to whence we've come. I was blown away by the fact that Chris & Ryan as the leaders of this group, would give me this book and then, call a meeting to discuss how the tenets of the book relate to our business... enforcing the reasons why I migrated to this wonderful world of Sereno... inspiring and sustaining my soul...

While I was in Los Gatos, tech support fixed my connection issues. Next stop, Amos's home to remove the lockboxes. Amos needs to rent his home since we've received no offers while on the market for 2 months. Parts of South San Jose will take awhile to recover. Hopefully, in a few years it will make sense again.

Wednesday, altho' T didn't have the energy to play with clay... I went to the studio and enjoyed seeing my clay mates and finished my Virgo. I took Oscar home and rallied my love to play some Wii tennis... T is amazing! He walks every morning and consumes books by the dozens... and every evening we hope he'll sleep through the night without those dreaded sweats... and then, he gets up and does it again. While I'm on brokers tour today, T will rest up before the trip to Stanford tomorrow...

Keep that white light incoming to surround our T....

No comments:

Post a Comment