About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Today is Monday, November 17th

Thank God for the up days!!!  Those are the light and bright and hopeful...

Taking care of business today... phone calls dealing with the minutia and catching up and muddling through.  Sometimes the sympathy and kindness of strangers, friends and family blows me away...

In the wake of never receiving a phone call or email re the non-appearance of my iPhone 6+ from Verizon (contracted for 10/3) I called AT&T and actually talked to a wonderful support person who finally cancelled T's cell phone, put me on a new much better and far cheaper wireless plan and credited my account for the expired gift card ($ left from the buy back of my 4s last year) after I explained that I had a little bit going on in our lives this year.  I also didn't order a new phone cause I need to go see it again and figure out whether a 6+ is too large to carry around all the time.... my 5s is working well right now and there is a back log apparently so, I wouldn't get it for several weeks anyway but I'm trying out something new.  Tempering my impulsive nature and thinking things through... Tracy's saying ahhhh

Would you believe that this old dog may learn new things?

A friend who now has another friend's newly diagnosed husband; asked me what I found most helpful during T's fight to live.  Here's part of my reply:

Compassion, continued loving support no matter how long it takes.     4 years was a long time.  I'm still exhausted & grieving. I was very lucky cause my long time friends from over the hill never gave up especially in those last six months. They basically took over and made it so I never had to think about food, drink or sleep or spelling me at the hospital.  When you're in the fight of your life you need every bit of energy and advocacy for your loved one. Fuck everything else. I was extremely lucky. In the last month Marilyn even took over my business. 

now is the time for healing and enjoying each and every day even if I don't feel like getting out of bed... there's a large candle lit and I've been listening to music all day as I work through the details... Riley ran with Judy today and I'm resting my knee...  

Death is Nothing at All


Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.

Nothing is past; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before only better, infinitely happier and forever we will all be one together with Christ.
Henry Scott Holland :

No comments:

Post a Comment