About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Today is Wed., Nov. 27th

I've been a good girl... thought about everything, made decisions and then executed... made my cheesecake from memory and my SW Texas chile appetizer once again from memory... now will T come home soon?  That is the ? of the day.

Catch up... Sat. I flew in to Boston and Johnny and Shar picked me up.  We then motored down to Nick & Carol's in North Haven where they fed & watered us well and entertained us and we called it a very long day.

Aunt Etta's party was fabulous!!!
My First Cousins: Vinny, Bobby & Paul D'Amico
Aunt Etta's sons



Here's the thing... Aunt Etta didn't get to go... she said she had a premonition that she might not make it and guess what?  She broke her hip Thurs. nite when she stubbornly took her garbage out down the steep stairs to the garage... she said she thought twice about it...but she did it even after she hesitated.  She knew Bobby was due in 15 min. but she wanted it out.
Testadura... hard head in Italian... love her so...anyway she was operated on on Fri. and we saw her on our way in to the party at St. Raphael's campus of Yale New Haven Hospital.  We walked in as a nun was about to give her communion.  The nun said "oh my God!  So much love in this room!" as Johnny, Shar & I walked in.  We said the Lord's Prayer together and Aunt Etta received the communion wafer as tears leaked out of my eyes...  she is lucid if not all the pieces fit exactly together... she's 100!!!  We asked what she had done and she replied "well I had a stent put in" and we changed the subject as she rambled on.  She's adorable and she was able to give info on all her grandchildren and was so happy we were there.. especially Johnny.   We kissed her and ached for our Mom and were happy that we'd come to Ct. after all.  Next stop:  St. Lawrence Cemetery to see Mom, Daddy, Cenz & Nonna & Nonoon nestled under a tree in the blustery cold wind.

Fried Clams & Johnny's Smelts
Food has been a big part of the trip... Lucibello's for Canoli Sicilian.. Pepe's for a pizza pie...  in New Haven... home of the original pizza pie also unwilling to make a white clam pizza for takeout on Sundays.  Damn them!  Mon. wonderful grilled swordfish at Shar's and then, Tues. fried clams and after an amazing Oyster Chowder at a brew pub in Plymouth after we saw Jay's art exhibited at a gorgeous Plymouth gallery.  Then today,  lobsta roll 1.

Lobsta Roll 1


















Jay's art is so fresh and unique and I really loved experiencing it in such a cool gallery "the Artist Exposure Gallery" in Plymouth....







So great to be with family at this time... trying not to be a downer...  made my traditional cheesecake which I'll decorate with fresh berries and my Southwest appetizer for Thanksgiving.  Amazing:  Driscoll berries in abundance in Cape Cod!  Sure wasn't available when I was a kid.

Tracy had his bone marrow test yesterday; we'll have to wait 'til Fri.  for results.  He's hanging in there... had a PIC line installed today cause he had such a dreadful time a couple days ago with them poking him.  Probably an LP too in the next few days.  T has been told he's gonna have to stay for a couple weeks if not more. The pain in his back was shingles and it's bad and extremely contagious... when I visit, I'll have to suit up completely with mask...  there's talk of chemo again but nothing is for sure.  I need to be there and I will be soon.  I miss my T very much... and Riley boy too.  I love my family and I'm grateful to be here in the East with them... sure don't know when I'll see them again soon...  My family at home is tending our Riley and keeping T's spirits up with Face time.

Tomorrow is a day to be thankful for all the little things and especially the fact that we get to celebrate at all....   Happy Thanksgiving!!!

                                            CARPE DIEM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment