About Me

My photo
Concerned Citizen and a Serial Entrepreneur wrapped in a progressive democratic soul longing for us all to get along.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Today is Saturday, May 19th

We seem to have come into our own... I'm feeling more comfortable with myself and my responsibilities. Maybe it's cause I've learned not to be afraid to open my mouth as long as I speak from my heart. Today has been one of those wonderful relaxing bright beautifully sunny days on the coast.... starting with a stroll and play time on the beach with our jumping Jack Riley. Then, brunch just the two of us at Red Apple cafe... mmmm with enough leftovers to feed Riley as treats 3 times over. On to have my hair cut & colored by Michael and be witness to his evolution into more of his creative self from the negative place he's been. In a little while we'll have dinner with Jim & Linda in Tuscany... what a wonderful day...

and in between I've done some business.... 1028 Jungfrau Ct. is now pending and will close in a couple weeks. My listing at 320 Rio del Mar Blvd. should move to pending also by Tues. and hopefully, we're going to get an answer soon from the bank on Carol's short sale purchase of 282 Aptos Beach Dr. Lots more happening and I'll be better able to handle it all upon my return from 2 days of total downtime with Jayne in Carmel...

 So, now I'm ready to load some praise onto our niece, Maren McAvoy... Just promoted to a full bird COLONEL!!!! Maren is this amazing young woman of incredible accomplishments!!! There isn't a goal she can't attain in this world... She's gorgeous and nice, has a JD, passed the MD. bar exam, (we made it to her graduation from St. Mary's University School of Law in 1999), has a black belt, is a pilot, a diver, was an intelligence officer and actually was the deputy J-1 for the Presidential inauguration in 2009 of Barak Obama. She holds down a full time position with the GAO in addition to her position as Director of Personnel, A1 at the Joint Force Headquarters, District of Columbia Air National Guard. Next stop, for Colonel McAvoy will be General and that's unbelievable!!!! What a truly inspiritional young woman!!! We are very proud of this fine young lady and hope to see her sometime soon. I hope she's happy... she certainly deserves it!

 Meanwhile, I've just done my third Relay for Life this past Thursday night. The Sereno Group sponsored a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament at Chris Trapani's Monte Sereno home. What an absolute gas! I'd never played Texas Hold'em and was a little apprehensive about going on my own and playing a game I had no prior knowledge of but it was pure unadulterated fun!!! and all the proceeds went to the American Cancer Society!! A cause near and dear to my heart...


 So, now relax and enjoy Sat. night... we're walking over to Tuscany....

No comments:

Post a Comment